Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Wag and Waves for Forrest Day!

Hello Everyone!

It's a bit of a bittersweet day today as the Tabby Cat Club gets together to help one of our fellow TCC members, the lovely Dinnermintz, pay tribute to her brother who left for the Bridge so recently - dear Angel Forrest. 


Dinnermintz and her family live in Australia...........on 11 beautiful acres of land surrounded by kangaroos and all manner of wildlife and plants so they have beautiful vistas to enjoy every day.  Forrest loved life with his family and lived it to the fullest up to and including his last week when he was allowed to have EVERYTHING his heart desired before leaving for the Bridge.   Dinnermintz and Forrest had a special relationship.....they were "besties".   

Another blog friend suggested a special day be set aside - May 10th - to pay tribute to this pawsome pup from Down Under by getting bloggers to post a photo of them wagging or waving to Forrest up at the Bridge...........there are MANY participating bloggers on this day of celebration and the TCC wanted to join in.

Here's MY contribution - me waving my paw to say "Howdy Angel Forrest" in tribute to my lost friend.

I designed this special poster for today to help get the word out.......I know Forrest would like it even though on the particular day this photo was taken he wasn't feeling too chipper!   


You Are Missed Forrest..........
Hugs, your forever friend Sammy

5 comments:

Marilynn said...

It's always so hard whenever one of our family members runs off to the bridge. The empty place left in the family structure is difficult to fathom, for sure. Here's is a poem a friend gave me when I lost a precious little one a few years ago. I hope it helps.

“Grieve not,
nor speak of me with tears,
but laugh and talk of me
as if I were beside you.....
I loved you so -
‘twas Heaven here with you.”

– by Ilsa Paschal Richardson


Purrrrrrsssssss and {{{{hugz}}}} from our family to yours.
We love you, Dinnermintz.

Grace & Marilynn

Fozziemum said...

Thankyou so much Sammy and also thankyou Marilynn for the beautiful poem..Forrest would be so humbled by all the love..and we do miss him an awful lot..Loves Dinnermintz and Pickles xx

Timmy Tomcat said...

Forrest was loved far and wide
Timmy
Miss Fitz

Marty the Manx said...

Gorgeous post Sammy. Thank you so much for organizing such a wonderful day for us to help celebrate our wonderful friend's life.

Luvs
Marty and Ralphie

My Cat Boys said...

Purrs and hugs to your pawrents.