Saturday, February 29, 2020

March Newsletter


MARCH 2020
Grettings
Hello Tabbies!   Our recruiting drive continues and so far we’ve had two new members and are hoping to add more to the list of new members to the Club.  We will extend our wanted tabby cats through March. Please be on the lookout for tabby cats and invite them to join. Remember if the tabby cat that you invite joins the club your name will go into a drawing for a prize.  We’re also continuing to get our email list cleaned and cleared up – if you are getting our newsletters and emails and wish to be removed, please let Gracie know.    We don’t want to load up your inbox with unwanted notices!     Also, if you aren’t interested in being in the TCC any longer but know a Tabby who might be – please have them visit the Club and let us know.
 
March Events
March 2 – “Dr. Seuss Day”
Dess up as your favorite Seuss Character
March 4  – “Caption This”
March 17 – “St Patrick’s Day Party &
The Wearing of the Green for St. Patrick’s Day”
March 25 – “Celebrating Spring” 
Post of photo of how you will celebrate spring
  (first day of official Spring is March 20!)

Featured Cat For March ~Teddy

Hi fellow Tabby Cat Club members!  You know me – I’m your Repurrrrter for this very newsletter and I have the honor of being your Featured Tabby this month.   Kind of cool for me because know what?   My 4th birthday is March 4th.    I’m so happy to be part of my family and here’s a little about how I came to be here.
Mom and Dad visited our local shelter about four months after my Angel brother, Sammy (who is an Angel TCC member) went to the Rainbow Bridge.   They were excited to see a little 11 month old ginger boy (ME) available for adoption and I charmed them into adopting me right then and there.    The shelter didn’t have any information on me other than someone had brought me in as a stray.    Mom has always thought that I might have been a barn cat baby – there are tons of horse farms in my area – I do absolutely LOVE to be outside so maybe that’s true.  The other funny thing about me when they got me home is that I would NOT drink water out of a bowl.   I insisted on drinking from the sink or faucet and all this time has passed and I still won’t drink from a bowl.    Mom bought some steps that go up to the bathroom sink so I can get up there myself for water and every morning she fills one of the two sinks in the bathroom with nice fresh water for ME! 
I go for walks on a harness/leash with either Mom or Dad and I love my yard – we have woods and trails and lots of leaves and downed trees.  Lots of stuff to explore.   We have bird feeders and see deer, squirrels, raccoons, groundhogs, and even birds (!) using the feeders and I really love to watch all the activity. 
I’m a big boy – 23 lbs.  – my doctor says I’m a very BIG boned cat and while he has put me on a prescription weight maintenance food, it’s not a diet food because he doesn’t think I’m FAT – just BIG!   
I’m happy to be in the Club and I hope more kitties will join us – it’s fun to have special days for posting and we do a LOT of activities.   I encourage all tabbies who aren’t members to get in touch with Gracie at the link on the TCC website and GET STARTED with us!! 

New Members
Tigger, you can visit and welcome her at  https://crystalsphotoblogginsite.wordpress.com
Andy, you can visit and welcome him at the club.

Fun Facts About Dr. Seuss




He wrote under several different names. His real name was Theodor Seuss Geisel and he used several pennames, including: Theo LeSieg (“Geisel” spelled backwards), Rossetta Stone, Theophrastus Seuss, and (of course) Dr. Seuss.
· He was not a doctor. He added the title “doctor” before Seuss (his mother’s maiden name) while in college to lend credibility to his writings and characters, and in reaction to his father’s wish that his son would get a doctorate.
· He won several major awards, including: two Academy Awards, two Emmy Awards, the Pulitzer Price, the Laura Ingalls Wilder Award and a Peabody Award.
· He wrote Green Eggs and Ham on a dare. Ted Geisel’s publisher bet that Geisel couldn’t write a book using only 50 different words. In an effort to make learning to read more exciting for kids, he wrote a silly tale about a picky eater (a common complaint of many parents) and a fellow who won’t take “No” for an answer. The result? Green Eggs and Ham.
· Many of his stories touch on complex social and political themes, some of which were controversial in their day, long before that was the “in” thing to do in children’s books.

Miscellaneous
As I mentioned, we continue to work on getting the mailing list updated but need your help to do that.    Please send a note to Gracie if you want off the list. 
We’re always looking for suggestions (and hosts!) for events every  month too – want to host something FUN for all of us to attend?   Let Gracie know – we love celebrating and we love fun so if you have an idea and want to run with it – we want to hear about it OK?

See you in April!


Teddy, Your TCC Repurrrrter…………….

7 comments:

pilch92 said...

I am so glad you are the featured cat this month Teddy. Great reporting. Lots of events this month. XO

Lone Star Cats said...

Me and Bowie would like to join - how do we do that?

Angela Butz said...

Great pic of you Teddy.

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Lone Star Cats I will visit your blog and send you the information for joining. We look forward in having you join the Tabby Cat Club.

The Florida Furkids said...

Great newsletter. Cool to see our pal Teddy featured!!!

The Florida Furkids

Pam and Teddy said...

Oh boy!!!!! Very cool that Lone Star Kitties want to be part of our fabulous Club....we'll look forward to seeing your posts here for sure gang!

Hugs, Teddy

Ananka said...

Great :-D