Monday, April 22, 2013

What's in a Name with Raz

Doesn't the Tabby Cat Club have the best events?  I want to thank Oui Oui and Abbi for hosting this fun event!!

I came to live with the Florida Furkids when I was a little dude....wasn't I cute????


I already had the name Razputin and Mom decided that she would see if it "fit".  I know we cats sometimes hide our real names from the humans and make them figure them out.  Anyway.............I really never answered to Razputin but I would turn around a little for Raz.  Mom says when she really wants my attention she says "RAZZIE!"  yeah....whatever.

Mom emailed my foster Mom about my name to ask if it had special meaning  and here's what she said:

"Well no, I just like to pick unusual names as they tend to get more hits on Petfinder. .  And he was really Rasputin which was a rather strange historic figure but I just liked the name and when I get a litter I want to use the same first letter so they will show up on Petfinder together, because they are siblings. . .and Raz just seemed to fit him, he was the runt but very friendly and playful. ."

So...........there it is.  Oh yeah....who are they calling a RUNT?  I'm a big boy!!!!

13 comments:

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Being the runt of the litter isn't bad, it means you are little and cute and the humans go aweeeeeeeeee and squeeeee when they see you.

Fuzzy Tales said...

Raz, we like the story of your name! Our human would call you Razzle Dazzle sometimes, or maybe Spazzy Razzy if it fit -- she comes up with the WORST nicknames. So be thankful you only get Razzie. LOL.

Hannah and Lucy said...

We think Raz is a much easier name to remember that Razputin - what's more it suits you.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Love your name but will agree with you that you are no runt. Of all the nerve. I am so happy that you found your new home and we are now adopted bro and sis.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

I think the name Raz suits you just fine!

Anonymous said...

Heh,heh,heh... I'm bettin' there's a bit of Razputin in you that sneaks out now and then....I don't know why they said runt, you look like you had some long tall legs even back then. Humans... what do they know?
Dex

The Musings Of A Crazy Cat Lady said...

We like Raz much better than Rasputin. Rasputin was a crazy man. A cute name for a cute friend!

Unknown said...

An unusual name, and it suits you.

meowmeowmans said...

We sure do like the name Raz for you! It is just perfect and CUTE!

Hugs!

Moosey and Dad

Oui Oui said...

Thank Cod you are much better looking than the human Raz! We think you have a great name, and it has such possibilities for nicknames too - Razzle Dazzle, Jazzy Razzy, Razmataz, the Razmanian Devil. Aren't you glad you don't live with our mom! Thanks for all your help, for sharing your great story, most importantly, for humoring our mom.

Texas, a Cat in... Austin said...

Oh I am 100% certain you are much much more sweeter than this Rasputin guy!
Purrs

Timmy Tomcat said...

I really think that is a neat name Raz! A Cool Dood's name if there ever was one!

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Me too think´s that Raz is much much better than Rasputin !!