Thursday, November 7, 2013

Downton Tabby Day

Welcome to our first ever Downton Tabby Day, so glad that you could come.

What an exciting day as we gather and plan to spend the day at the castle. My dear friend Liz aka Queen Elizabeth decided to take time out of her busy schedule and enjoy the activities here. As you can see we spent some time outside gretting our many guests that came today . . .


. . . now it was time to get a little snack before we headed inside for a little rest . . .

. . . after a much needed rest and a clothes change Liz and I spent sometime alone together in the parlor at the castle and had tea. It was a great time to catch up on gossip and also discuss the gala that was being held tonight in her honor. Everyone is invited to that and I think we will all have a great time . . . .
. . . oh what fun! To see everyone all dressed up in their finest! This is such a fun event I really don't want it to end . . .

. . . All good things must come to an end and today is no exception. I so didn't want to say good bye to my dear friend Liz but I must. I surprised her and went down by the gate for one final good bye. Until we see each other my friends . . . hope you all had as much fun at Downton Tabby as I did . . . ta ta.

16 comments:

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

You looks fabulous Gracie!!!

Unknown said...

Gracie you look ever so elegant! I'm having a grand time...I know everyone else is. What a pleasure to see Liz looking so well. You have been the purrrrfect hostess!

Sammy

Karl and Ruis said...

no - we didn't have such fun! we thought it was a PUBLIC party! expected niptinis and food for everyone. and then couldn't even get past that stupid doorman.... but don't worry, we had a jolly good time in the local pub. and are so happy that you had a good time yourself! rubbing shoulders with "liz", HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. so maybe you can get her to show us all around at buckingham palace one day! (do not mention our long ago trip to versailles though, we do not want to scare her)
happy downton tabby day!
karl and ruis

The Cat Realm said...

karl said i could see the queen! he said you so close with her, you call her "liz"! but i can't get in. i brought everybody, we are all her, notty, tintin, edan, coco, me with one of my more beautiful hats - and that doorman says it is a "closed event"???
o well, we will just join the boys at the pub. i hope THAT party will not get out of hand... come by later, when you are done with your 'friends in high places'
mrs. OZ

The Florida Furkids said...

I thought the party was lovely!! You looked beautiful in your gown! It was good to see Liz enjoying herself.

Thanks for hosting!

Raz

Anonymous said...

Tea with the queen, my my, what precious company you keep!

What a lovely event!

Swami Zoe said...

Gracie, you look so lovely in your royal attire! You are natural with the queen! Me-Ommmmm

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Karl & Ruis, I cannot tell you how unhappy I am about the mix. This was to be an open party. Even with Liz here. We had extra security and no one was to be turned away. I went to the pub and you two had left. Please if you get this comment come on back. It just isn't the same without you two around.

Marilynn said...

Wonderful and very creative!!!

Love, Grace & Marilynn

Fozziemum said...

Oh Gracie..i bet her maj was very excited to spend time with you..Dinnermintz and Pickles are on their way..looking forward to the festivities Have a great time! hugs Fozziemum x

Karl and Ruis said...

gracie - it was a lovely party! we are sorry we keep missing you.... see - after a view beers at the pub we had enough courage and went back and sneaked past that doorman, right over the fence and in we where. came into the back door and happened to run into liz, so we did have a great time after all! so sorry we didn't see you - we HAVE to get together for a cup of tea one of these days!
karl and ruis

www.shelter-cats.com said...

Pussy cat Pussy cat where have you been?
"I've been to the Abby to visit the queen"
Pussy Cat Pussy cat, what did you do there?
"I ate so much I couldn't get out of my chair".

xxoo
Tommie and Mickey Mouser and Maggie

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Gracie you look stunning <3 <3 <3
XOXO

Timmy Tomcat said...

Gracie I had no idea that was the Liz you were meowing about. You are furends with the QUEEN! Oh Gracie it must have been so very exciting.

Purrs
Timmy

Anonymous said...

Gracie, you is bee you tee full. teh tiara suits you.
purrs.
Sparky

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, Gracie! You look so fancy. And tea with the Queen??? Awesome!

Hugs,

Moosey