Thursday, May 15, 2014

Straw Hat Cat-Style

Straw Hat
I wear it when it’s hot,
I wear it even if it’s not.
‘Tis my favorite hat
I always wear it when I go out.
When I am in the sea,
Or even when I am not
I will always be seen
With my favorite hat.


When I wear my favorite red vest
Together with my favorite blue shorts
My favorite hat will look its best
Though it’s still good with any clothes.
I am my hat,
My hat is me.
If I am to be without my hat,
Then who would I be?
Until the rightful day
That my promise be fulfilled
I shall keep it safe
On the top of my head.

---Lawrence Basallote



Do you know that today is Straw Hat Day? I didn't, until I got an email from my furiend Ann Adamus from the blog, Zoolatry, inviting everyone to pawticipate!

Here is info about Straw Hat Day directly from Ann:
"As "bestest" we can figure out, Straw Hat Day has been celebrated for about a gazillion-bazillion years mebbee (well, at least since like the 1920s) ...
when the men put away their wooly winter hats and donned their summer straw chapeau in honor of the warm weather!
(and who isn't ready to welcome warm weather this year?)
And no reason at all that the ladies can't do the same!
Around the pet blogosphere, Straw Hat Day has been celebrated since furever."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cody I think you look fantabulous in your straw hat....I think straw makes a perfectly comfy hat - airy, classy - purrfect for a couple of mancats like us!

Hugs, Sammy

Fozziemum said...

Cody what purrfect picshures of you in your lovely hat! and such lovely words too..happy straw hat day paw pats Dinnermintz and Pickles xx

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaw Cody yous so cute.

Luv and Hugs and Kitty Kisses ♥♥♥

Dezi

CatInTheFridge said...

Cody - you need some tequila to go with that hat! - Crepes.

Cathy Keisha said...

Whoa! You went all out, Cody! Cool!

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Happy Straw Hat Day! I loved your photos and your poem.

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Happy Straw Hat Day to you too :)

You look grreat in your straw hat Cody and the poem was furry good too !

XOXO

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

thanks so much my furiends!! You ALL look CATABULOUS too! Love, Cody

Kwee Cats and Art said...

Wow Cody, you look fantastic in your hat. And those are some awesome photos!

meowmeowmans said...

I think you look very dapper in your straw hat, Cody! And that poem is purrfect for celebrating the day.

Happy Straw Hat Day Hugs,

Moosey

Timmy Tomcat said...

Looking good there Cody.
Yeah I know, Hats are kind of girly