Wednesday, May 24, 2017

How I Got Named Ducky

HiYa! Ducky here. How did I get my name? Well first I have to go back to Derby. He got his name becuz he was adopted on the first Caturday of May. That is the day they run the Kentucky Derby. I supposed mum could have named him Kentucky, or just Tucky! HAHAHAHA. Ken would have been too boring.
Darling Derby, just chilling out on the couch, way back when.

So then I came along and mum decided she wanted another name that started with a D. She had various things in her head, but didn't really decide until she found me.
Now my real long official name is Mallard Olympus Cutie Pie. Mallard is a duck, so I became Ducky. Why the long name? The 'Lympics were going on when mum got me and Grampie said she should name me Oly for the Olympics like Derby got name for the Derby. Mum said no, that could be my middle name.

It is fun to see how we all got named. I wound if mum got another cat what she would do. Another D name or something else?

4 comments:

Ivan from WMD said...

We didn't know that about your name, Ducky!

Timmy Tomcat said...

Cool naming Mom does with you two

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Such a cute story on how you got your name. Love it.

Anonymous said...

You certainly did get the PERFECT names Ducky and Derby......we love to hear the "story behind the name" !!

Love, Teddy and Angel Sammy