Monday, May 29, 2017

WISHING EVERYONE A HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY!


Mom said I look very handsome in this crazy outfit! I think I look like I should be in a Barbershop Quartet. What do you think? Anyhoo it is not about me today.

Today is about all those who died while serving in the U.S. military. That doesn't just include men and women but woofies as well.

Mom shared the following two photos on our blog today, and she said I could share them here as well.

This first photo is Mom's dad, Harvey Buickerood. It was taken in 1943. He was in the U.S. Army.




This photo was taken in 1945 in Washington D.C. That's my Dad's mom, Harriet on the left and his dad, E.M. Blue, on the right. He was in the U.S. Navy.




My humans were fortunate, both their dads returned home from the war. If they hadn't, my mom and dad never would have been born.

I'd like to thank all those who have served and are serving in the U.S. Armed Service. And I'd like to thank Angel Sammy, Gracie and Raz for all the great noms. 

Purrs, Cooper Murphy



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cooper Murphy! You look SHARP AS A TACK in that outfit - make sure and wear it again on Jully 4th! It's a pip! So glad you came by the TCC to acknowledge Memorial Day with us.....we love the photos you posted - two very proud men in their uniforms. Hope you ALL had a grand weekend.

Love, Teddy and Angel Sammy

The Florida Furkids said...

Great post! It's always nice to see photos of those who served.

We think you look great in that outfit!!!

The Florida Furkids

The Adventures of The Bell Fur Zoo said...

OMC you are looking might snazzy!! Love all the picsurs and we hope you had a pawesome Memorial Day.

xoxo,
Matilda (& Matt)

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Great photos! Hope you and your family had a wonderful Memorial Day celebration.

Katie Isabella said...

Very handsome you are and I have enjoyed seeing your Mom's parents back then.