Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Finding "Home" !

💕💕💕Finding Our "Forever"
 
 
Hi Tabbies!    As you all know, I am now an Angel at the Rainbow Bridge and my former "Kingdom" on earth is now occupied by my little brother Teddy.    We thought we'd tell the tale for BOTH of us about how we met our Mom and Dad and managed to "score" such a great home.
 
First of all, here are our "baby" pictures.   In MY case, I really was a baby - only 5 or 6 weeks old but in Teddy's case, he was 11 months old when he was adopted.   BUT we both came from the SAME SHELTER!!!  
 

This is Teddy the day Mom and Dad brought to his new "home"
This is ME trying to figure out how to get down from the mountain that the footstool seemed to be!
 
 
My story is that 17 years ago my Mom and Dad decided it was time to go to the Shelter to adopt another kitty - their kitty Eddy had gone to the Bridge a year earlier and they had waited so long for the right time to start over.   They came to the shelter in our town and I was the ONLY kitten there!   There were about 7 other cats but I was the only kitty and I was smart - I was in a cage way up high but so they would SEE me, I stuck my arm out the cage and waved......they saw me - AND also saw my paw - I had extra toesies!  I was a polydactyl!   The minute my Dad held me at the shelter and I licked his neck, I knew I'd SCORED!   They took me home and I was a happy boy for 17 years.  
 
They were very sad when I had to go to the Bridge before Christmas 2016 but I knew soon I would be able to find the RIGHT KITTY for them to make their hearts not hurt so much - and I did JUST THAT.   I found an 11 month old ginger boy who was sweet as could be, looked a whole lot like I did (!) and who needed a forever home.    Mom told Dad that day this past February that she had a feeling they should go to the shelter - she had a feeling there was a kitty that would help them get over losing me.........and when they walked in the door they saw Teddy and again - fell in love like they did with me.    They brought my little brother home and I've been whispering in his ear every chance I get to tell him how lucky he is (I think he knows that!) and that he would live happily ever after (I think he knows that too!).
 
That's the story of US......................two ginger boys who found the best forever home.........and even though I'm gone, I still visit and it's STILL the "FOREVER" home to me - I will live in Mom and Dad's hearts FOREVER.
 
Love and Hugs, Angel Sammy and Teddy
 
THANKS TCC MEMBERS for coming to post a "Getting To Know You" story today - we have a special badge for you to show you were here!!
 

 


9 comments:

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Angel Sammy and Teddy I must say you had mom with tears as she read your stories. We all miss you so much Sammy and I am so glad that you had so many wonderful years with your folks. You knew how to work your magic on them, two times. Teddy is such a love and I am so glad it worked out that he was there waiting for them. I know he will enjoy the fine life with your folks and have as many wonderful years with them as you did. Love to all at your place.

Just Ducky said...

Mum is leaky eyed at your story.

Colehaus Cats said...

We think the best Gotcha stories of all are the ones that sweet Rainbow Angels help to create. We love your story!

Anonymous said...

We're so glad you and Teddy found your furevers. You are two blest kitty boys. Big hugs

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

The Florida Furkids said...

Leaky eyes here too. You were both so lucky to find such a wonderful forever home. The badge is PAWSOME! Thanks!!

The Florida Furkids

Marty the Manx said...

Darn it Sammy leaky eyes here too! Your gotcha stories are the bestest. We miss you tons and are so glad that Teddy has joined your Mom and Dad to help fill your house with love.
Marty and Ralphie

Kitties Blue said...

Sammy, though we all know your story and Teddy's, they both always warm our hearts, as we know you both picked one of the very besest homes on the planet with the most loving parents. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

pilch92 said...

I am sad you had to leave for The Bridge Sammy, but you did a wonderful job finding Teddy. I am glad you had almost 17 years of love with your folks ( and they continue to love you as we all do). XO

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

And what a wonderful story it is. ~S&C