Wednesday, March 29, 2017

How I got my furever home

Back in April 2002 I was in the no kill shelter at North Central Indiana Spay and Neuter (NCISN) housed in Pet Smart.  Little did I know that my life was about to change for the better.  One month previously my soon to be human had to put her 12 year old kitty to sleep.  Her coworkers took her to find a new kitty.  They purchased supplies for me while she went into the room and said hello to all the kitties.  I was clear up on the top right hand side.  The other kitties didn't even notice her.  I lifted my head up and meowed.  She put her hand up to pet me and I licked her fingers.  The shelter employee said, Ah she is giving you kitty kisses, would you like to hold her?  My human said Yes.  She then held me in her arms and started scratching between my ears and I started purring.  The shelter employee said This one is sprung. I was put in a cardboard carrier and was taken to my new home where I have been ever since.
The human doesn't have any really old pictures of me on the computer so we will have to use this one showing me enjoying the sunshine.

8 comments:

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

I love your story. It was just meant to be. I so happy your have a loving furever home. You sure knew how to work your new family into taking you home.

Colehaus Cats said...

We can tell by your sunshiny photo that you are happy and that makes us happy, too! Wonderful Gotcha story!

Anonymous said...

Oh Ali, dat's so pawsum. We're glad you got gotted. Big hugs

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

The Florida Furkids said...

Great story Ali!!! We're so happy that your human found you!

The Florida Furkids

Marty the Manx said...

Ali it was truly fate that brought you and your Mama together! What a great gotcha tale!

Marty and Ralphie

pilch92 said...

I am glad you and your Mom found one another. XO

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed that's all it takes - one magic moment with a human looking for the right kitty and WHAM BAM we have our FOREVER! I'm glad you got yours!

Love, Angel Sammy

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

You were very smart to find such a good home. ~S&C