Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Finding my FurEver Home by Raz

Today I am going to tell you the story of how I became one of The Florida Furkids AND how my brofur Angel Tamir did.

First, Angel Tamir's story:


Mom was looking for a new kitty to add to the family.  She already had Baschert and her woofie Katie and was getting her first Birman kitten, but wanted to add another kitty.   She and Auntie El went to a place called APAW (Animal Placement Agency of the Windsors) to look.   Mom spent HOURS there.   She was not looking for a kitten but there I was with my grey and white brother.   Mom went back and forth trying to decide who to choose.   FINALLY, she picked me!  She always wondered what happened to my brother but she knows he was adopted soon after.   I SCREAMED the song of my people all the way home and poor Mom was really worried about me.   No worries, I fit right in!   I wasn't afraid of that woofie and, even though Baschert wasn't always friendly, we grew to be good friends.   I lived a long and happy life with my family, even moving to Florida when Mom and Dad met.   I hated to leave for the Bridge but I knew I could guide another kitty to them to help heal their hearts.

Which brings us to Raz.....

Raz's story:

I lived with my Mom and siblings in a trailer park in south Florida.  The people there were kind to us but really didn't have much money.  A rescue came and took us and our Mom went with them and my siblings and I went to the Space Coast Feline Network where we were fostered in private homes.   Mom was looking on Petfinder for a new furbaby after Angel Tamir left.   She wanted another Tabby and saw me and my brother.

Here's my Petfinder photo....
I am amazed I grew into those EARS!


  She went to the adoption event to bring my brother home but he pooped in his cage and didn't get to come out right away.   I took it upon myself to show my best side....

First Photo of me!

Who could resist....right?  Mom held me and that was it..........I went home with them!!  You know the rest.....love and a happy FurEver home!!!!

I hope you enjoyed reading our stories!!

9 comments:

Kitties Blue said...

Raz, both you and Tamir were lucky kitties to find such a wonderful home!

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

You sure were! You were super lucky to find such a wonderful home. All is well that ends well, right? PURRS.

Colehaus Cats said...

What a wonderful story! Your forever home was certainly meant to be!

Anonymous said...

Oh Raz, you did good. Me had to show up 10 fursibs fur mommy. But there was no contest fur either of us, right? MOL Big hugs

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

Marty the Manx said...

Angel Tamir we wish we would have known you but we sure are glad that you sent Raz to your Mom and Dad, we luv him and what a fun guy he is!
Luv Ya Raz!
Marty and Ralphie

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

I have tears in my eyes when I think of my Sweet Angel Tamir. I miss him so much and am so happy he found your folks and helped I know in your folks finding you. I know you helped them heal a little in their hearts after Angel Tamir left for the bridge. I always wondered if you gave your brother something that would make him poop when folks came to see him. You would do that would you??

pilch92 said...

I am glad Angel Tamir had such a wonderful life with your Mom and I am glad you do too. XO

Anonymous said...

I think both you and Angel Tamir absolutely found the RIGHT PLACE at the RIGHT TIME! We love your photos too.......happy faces!

Love, Angel Sam and Ted

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We still think of Tamir often and we are so pleased he guided you to such a wonderful home Raz. ~S&C