Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Getting to Know Ducky

HiYa Ducky here. So you want my story? It is a sorta long story, but I will try to keep it short. If you want the Moby Dick story, you can go here!

I was born in late June 2008 and brought to the shelter with the rest of my fursibs. We all got healthy, got fixed and adopted. I first got adopted by some peoples who took away my front claws. For reasons I cannot say, I ran away.

I ran away, but I got found and taken to my shelter again. They contacted my first peoples and they said they didn't want me back. Fine! I had run away once, I would do it again. So I got put up for adoption again. That is when me and mum hooked up.
 Mum's first ever picture of me, inside my cell at the shelter. I was telling her I was her kitty and she needed to take me home.
 Our first no bars between us pictures. Just the two of us, getting to know each other. Speed dating shelter style. She agreed, I needed to go home with her. That day, no waiting.
 My first picture once I got home. I had my own suite of rooms with mum. Her sleepy spot and her litter box room. It was my litter box room for a while too!
So as time went by I settled in, me and Derby came to know each other and get along. Below at our finest moment. Mum's favorite pic of us. Derby on the left, me right. 
Plus mum, I loves her so, she has given me such a wonderful home. Thanks mum.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's quite a story - took you a while to find the RIGHT home but you did that's for sure!!!!!

Love, Angel Sammy

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Oh Honey your story of first being adopted made me sad. Who would not want you. But I know it was for the best and you just had to be patient. I am so glad you found your new mom and got to spend time with sweet Derby. I know you two have fun times at your new home.

Marilynn said...

What a time you had, but thank heaven you found your REAL mom when you did. And we love the pix!! Super duper!

Love, Marilynn and Grace

Colehaus Cats said...

Wow! We had no idea, Ducky, or your first family. Good for you to run away! That whole ordeal must have been meant to be and we are so happy that you finally found your Mum.

Anonymous said...

Oh Ducky, we're sorry your furst round went so badly, but hey, you hit da jackpot da secind time round. Big hugs

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

The Florida Furkids said...

Boo on those folks who took your claws....we're glad you escaped them and found your wonderful Mum. We love that photo of you and Derby.

The Florida Furkids

Marty the Manx said...

So glad that you found the right home second time around :)

Kitties Blue said...

Thanks, Ducky, for your story. We can see why that is your mom's favorite photo. Really special. XOCK, Cooper Murphy and my fursibs

pilch92 said...

I am glad you found a loving forever home. XO

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are sorry those bad people had you declawed, you were very brave to run away without claws to protect yourself. ~S&C