Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Found My Mom and Dad

It's an interesting story about the day I picked out my mom and dad. Yes, I picked them out. I must say I had a lot of work to do when I decided that they were the ones. Here is my story.

It was way back on the 7th of July 2009, when I was wondering around the countryside, that I heard a lot of laughter and talking, and smelled the aroma of good food. I immediately headed in the direction of all of the commotion and suddenly came upon what looked like a family picinic. This was a great find indeed. I immediately made my precence known and a few of the folks noticed me and made up to me really fast, but I found that the mom there wouldn't have anything to do with me. You see, I have since learned that she has had her heart broken many times by outside cats. She would offer them food, water, play with them, anything that an outside kitty would want. But several of her cats, Sassy, Punkie, and Guy, just left and didn't come back. I didn't know at that time but she told the dad that she didn't want to get attached to anymore outside cats because of the sadness that she was feeling. I'm glad I didn't know all of this because I might have decided not to even give them a try.

This is the first photo taken of me.
You can see that I took over rather quickly with making myself at home.

I decided that I liked this family and that I would hang out and try to mooch some food off of them. The mom wouldn't pay me any attention but I didn't care because there were plenty of other folks there who did. After the dad noticed me he started petting me, then he would kind of play with me, and the best yet was that, before I knew it, he brought out some food and water just for me. Well, the mom wasn't happy. She said that now that the cat was fed, it WAS HER CAT! My ears perked up and I tried not to smile when I heard that.

Weaseling, I mean tugging at the dad's heart strings.

When she questioned why food was brought out for me, which I kind of thought was really rude, he explained that I was starving and pointed out that my little ribs were sticking out through my skin and fur. She noticed he was right but still wasn't sold on the idea of me hanging around. She didn't want to get attached to me and fall in love. I was hoping that it was already too late for her and that she was hooked on keeping me around.

A photo taken of me trying to be as cute as I could possibly be.


The mom was sold! I was fed, named, held, and given kisses!!
Oh I know I am going to love it here.

It took me all of maybe several days to know that I was a shoo in and they were going to let me stray. The mom did have some rules, which included a visit to the vet, surgery so I wouldn't bring any more little kittens around once I grew up, shots to be given, and a chip put in so if I ever got lost they would have a chance of finding me again. They talked about building me an outside safe place to live in and be able to be outside but not by the dangerous critters that live out where our house is. Dad was worried about his allergies and did not want an inside kitten. Just when I thought things could not get any better . . . things got better.

After my surgery, on October 15, at the vet's office it was mentioned to the mom that I cannot go outside for ten days. When I heard of this wonderful idea again I tried to keep the smile off of my face. This was the in that I needed. Now during the day I had the run of the house and at night was put in a big pet cage so I would not get into trouble at night.. Well one thing led to another and before they even realized what was happening I was sleeping in their bed at night with them. As I mentioned before they never saw it coming. I guess you could say I have two Gotha Days! The one when I got them and the second one when it was official . . . I would be their inside kittie.

After I had spent all this time inside, the mom didn't ever want me to go outside and again many tears were coming out of her when she would think about me being outside. Also being inside gave me plenty of time to work the dad and we now have a special relationship, I have him wrapped around my cute little paws. I would like to think that the dad fell head over heals for me, but maybe he just got tired of having the mom crying about me having to go back outside. Anyway, whatever his reason was, he gave the go ahead and now I am the official inside kitty!

The rest as they say is history! I don't miss being outside at all and when the doors are open I don't try to run outside. I was so young I have forgotten about the outside and am happy to watch the outside from the inside. I think I came along when the folks needed someone to heal their hearts from being sad about the kitties they had known but now were missing. They still miss them but I like to think that I am filling the little empty place they feel with happiness. You never forget the ones you loved when they leave you. You always remember them and go on.

That that's how I picked my folks and found my forever home. I am so lucky to have such a great mom, dad, and new friends that I have met while blogging.

Participation Badge
Don't forget to pick up your participation badge for todays event if you posted. A bit THANK YOU to Angel Sammy and Teddy for making this beautiful badge.

11 comments:

Marilynn said...

Wow! What a good job (and it was a tough one!) you did in picking your family. We're so glad you succeeded!!

Love, Grace and Marilynn

Three Chatty Cats said...

Sounds like you picked out the perfect family!

Just Ducky said...

Aww Gracie, you melted your Dad's heart first.

Kitties Blue said...

Gracie, the entire family enjoyed reading your Gotcha story and seeing your baby photos. Hugs, Cooper Murphy

Colehaus Cats said...

Oh, such a wonderful Gotcha story. We not trying hard at all to keep the smiles from our faces!

Anonymous said...

Oh Gracie, we had no idea. We're so glad you got gotted. Big hugs

Luv ya'

Dezi and Raena

The Florida Furkids said...

SQUEEEE.....your baby photos are adorable! You did a GREAT job picking your Mom and Dad!!

The Florida Furkids

Marty the Manx said...

Gracie, there is no way your Mom and Dad could have resisted your beautiful self :) There are the best gotcha stories here at the TCC. Yours made us smile, smile, smile!

pilch92 said...

That is a beautiful story, I am so glad you have a wonderful forever home. XO

Anonymous said...

You were one persistent little kitty when you discovered that house with the humans JUST when you needed it most! We have our ways of getting what we need and being CUTE helps a lot! Thanks for sharing your story Gracie....it just goes to show - you never know if something will work out for you unless you TRY!

Love, Angel Sam and Teddy

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Gracie, we thinks you got your Dad wrapped around your paw the minute he saw you, after all he was the one that first FEED YOU. Guys like to score points with the ladies, so we thinks he played hard to get so your Mom would think HE was doing HER a HUGE FAVOR by letting you stay inside, we kinda think he wanted you inside all the time.