Monday, May 20, 2013

My Gotcha Day Story - Abbi Leala


Hi everybody. I've been waiting for this neat event because I like to read about how other purrsons came to live with their families. Thank you, Oui Oui for hosting this event.

Can you believe the little, thin kitty above was me? Yep, this was me when I was living in a Guardian Angel Animal Rescue foster home with my babies. Some nice people found me alone with my four (or was it five, I can't remember) kittens. My kittens were all very cute. They were adopted first, and I ten months old and still waiting for my forever home when Mama decided she wanted to foster some cats who needed a cage break. I was so lucky because I was Mama's first foster.

I was overjoyed to be out of the cage and in a nice, big sunny room with my own things. I purred and purred so loud and kissed and kissed Mama. After a couple days, I'd had enough of what Mama calls the nursery. I wanted to come out and check things out, so I did. Ateret and Livia were very shocked to see another furry purrson. Because they didn't know what to make of me, I decided to take matters into my own paws and just play and find happy spots like I was already part of the family. 

My happy ended after several days when Mama got a call that I needed to go back because somebody else needed a cage break. Mama cried and cried. I was very upset, too. Mama couldn't stop thinking about me. She cried every time she saw me, so she talked to her friends about adopting me. It took a couple weeks, but I came home for good, new name and all on Wednesday, August 12, 2009. The rest is history.

8 comments:

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

So glad that your mom adopted you so you got out of that cage for Good !!

Oui Oui said...

How sweet! You touched your mom's heart, and we are so glad she followed it. I was so happy to be out of my cage too! Thanks for sharing your story, it is wonderful. Purrs!

Hannah and Lucy said...

We are so happy for you that you got your furever home after waiting patently for the right Mama.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Timmy Tomcat said...

You really made a nice impression when you met your Mamma. That is key to getting a nice home. I am so glad to be your furend.

meowmeowmans said...

I love your gotcha story, Abbi! You really touched your mama's heart, and she just KNEW you belonged there with her forever. :)

Hugs!

Moosey

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

You really made the mom here tear up when she first started reading your story with me. I too was starving when they found me. How luckly you are that your mommie found you and you now have a loving furever home.

The Florida Furkids said...

We're glad your Mama came back and gave you a forever home.

Raz and The Florida Furkids

Karen Jo said...

Cool story. I love it when fosters end up being forevers, like me and Bambino and maybe Jose.

Rocio