Monday, May 20, 2013

My Gotcha Day Story by Prince Sockie-Pooh

My human Mom's cousin's wife got a cat ( my Cat Mom aka Miss Kitty), she didn't have her spayed cause she was going to be an inside only cat and would never be around male cats. Well when she went into heat she drove them nuts so they let her outside and of course she got pg. They kept 2 of the boy kittens but they gave Miss Kitty and the rest of her kittens to Grandma & Grandpa.

Grandma & Grandpa have lots of cats because they refuse to get their cats spayed and neutered. I am distantly related to Arty Mouse, she used to live at Grandma's house too and all the cats there are descended from my Cat Mom Miss Kitty. All Grandma & Grandpa's cats live outside, so I was very glad to come live here where I gets to live inside.

Technically I am youngest boy beans cat.  He adopted me when I was around 6 weeks old. Miss Kitty had a new crop of kittens and youngest boy bean's cat (Princess) had died. So Mommy said he could have one of the kittens if she could catch one. He picked me out and Mommy (who was much younger then) swung down from the deck and snatch me up. I wish they had a picture of that cause she was hanging upside down from the deck. I really wasn't expecting a human to pounce on me from so high up. Anyway after she captured me and managed to swing herself back on the deck while still holding me she took me around front and feed me bacon and eggs, and petted me until I was gentle. I came home with them the next day and meet my cat brother Whiskers. We became best friends right away. We didn't have a blog way back then so Whiskers never got to blog. ~Socks from Alasandra, The Cats & Dogs

9 comments:

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Hi, Socks !
Glad that you came to live with your humans so you didn't have to live outside.
XOXO

Oui Oui said...

Bacon and eggs? Your mom knows how to treat a kitty right! We wish there was a photo of your mom hanging upside down with a wild kitty too. Thanks so much for sharing your story with us. Purrs!

Hannah and Lucy said...

Thank goodness you got your furever home Socks.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Timmy Tomcat said...

Hi Socks.
That is one smart human to use Bacon and Eggs as a treat. Good you are an insider like me.
Purrs

meowmeowmans said...

Wow, your mom hung upside down from the deck to gotcha you? AND used bacon and eggs as a treat? She is pawsome!!! And I am so glad you found the purrfect forever home there. :)

Hugs!

Moosey

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Wow, you have a large family don't you? So nice that you know the history of your family and that they are living with some of your human family. I am so happy you were adopted and have a wonderful furever home.

The Florida Furkids said...

We're glad you got such a good forever home. Now we have to talk to our Mom...we never get bacon and eggs!

Raz and The Florida Furkids

The Musings Of A Crazy Cat Lady said...

Wow! Socks, your mommy really went all out to bring you inside. We're happy you get to live the good life.

Karen Jo said...

Wow, Socks, that's quite a Gotcha Day story. You really, truly got gotcha'd. I am so glad that the youngest boy bean picked you.

Spyro