Monday, May 20, 2013

My Gotcha Day Story - Fitz Tomcat

Hi Tabby Cats. Timmy here.
Since my Gotcha Day was an integral part of my Whats in a Name story I figured it is high time to introduce the other Tabby Cat who resides at the Tomcat Home. She has a great story so...
Take it Away Ms Fitz!

Thanks Timmy!

Hello to all the TCC members. I really hope I meet the very competitive requirements to join your esteemed organization, but, watch your paw steps Man-Cats, I am one tough Kitty.

My story starts after I was abandoned at a farm in Gilbertsville Pa. My brofurs Buttons, Fred and I were lucky as this is a Barn Cat farm and the nice lady who lives there works with Spay and Save. She saw that we were somewhat friendly so we went into the socialization program. Dad had just finished fostering a litter and took us  in July 8th 2011.

I was just 7 weeks old and I was really sick. In fact, if I had not been sick I would never have gone with the nice lady. Nothing personal. I was a bit wild compared to Fred and Buttons who are all Happy-Go-Kitty. I said in a little voice: Hiss.

I did not feel good. Dad was very worried. See my Box? Hiss!
So there I was in a big cage while my brofurs had the run of the place. Hiss.

I got medicine every morning. Hiss I got medicine every evening. Hiss.

Every day Dad cleaned my pan and gave me something to eat. Hiss, Hiss, Hiss.


Whenever Dad came into the foster room, Zip, I was in my box. Hiss.

As time went by Fred and Buttons were working with Dad on socialization and started going with him to Spay and Save adoption events. Traitors! Hiss.

I had to have a second course of stronger medicine which, finally, made me feel a bit better. I still was not happy with anything and Dad was trying to figure out how to get me to lighten up a bit. Hah. No Way. Hiss.

Well I must admit that Dad is a pretty smart guy. When he was playing with Fred and Buttons he would wave the feather toy really high so I could see it over the edge of my box. After a day of seeing it I just had to peek. I would look over the edge of the box and watch. Dad totally ignored me. Curiosity did get this cat and I climbed out to see and play a little.

I came out and started to play.
Dad started leaving the cage door open and I decided to come out. I hid for a few days, but, slowly and surely started to come out to play. Whee! I LOVE to play.

Hi Dad. Can we play?

Dad said: "Well little Miss Hissy-Fits since we are friends you need a name. How do you like Ms Fitz?" I liked it! Meow!

So time went on. Fred said goodbye and went to his forever home. Mr Buttons did too. We had another litter of kittens move in. Buttons came back due to FIV. (that is another story) Through it all I would go to events and lay there in the meatloaf position.

Dad took videos of me to show how fun loving I was at home. People would come by on adoption days and ask if I was sick: "Is that cat sick? What's wrong with that cat?" Dad finally stopped taking me to events. The new kittens were adopted and it was just me and Buttons again.

Adoptions drop off steeply after New Years so Dad decided to give Buttons a home on Jan 21st 2012. I was now alone in the foster room. Wonderful. Purrfect. Just the way I like it. Dad would come down a couple times a day and we would play.

Dad saw no sense in just keeping me in the foster room so he decided to give me a try in the Tomcat Home. He introduced me and after a few quick Hiss, Hiss, Hisses I decided to stay. He made it official on Valentines day 2012. He said I was going to be his Forever Valentine and this was now my home. Thanks Dad. 

So my story is a bit long, and a bit sad, but it has a happy ending. In fact I can still do what I like best, Play!

Grrr! My Rabbit Head Toy from Etsy - Heather Bays

One of my Favorite Toys of all times. Dad laughed a lot that day.

I Love my Forever Home this much!
Even Brofur Rumpy, sometimes, a little tiny tiny bit.

So that is my Gotcha Day story. I really hope you liked it.

PS. Tomorrow is a big day at the Tomcat Home. Stop by and see!

Bye for now Tabby Cats.
Ms Fitz

11 comments:

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Hi Ms Fitz !
I didn't like your Gotcha story ,
I LOVE LOVE LOVE it !!
XOXO

Hannah and Lucy said...

I am pleased to meet you Ms Fitz and was delighted to read your Gotcha Day story. My story is on here too today and I hope you will visit.
Luv Lucy xx
p.s. Hannah is a tuxie so is far and away more inferior to us tabbies!

Oui Oui said...

Aw, such a sweet story! We have had a few ferals too, barn and under-the-porch cats. Our MMM earned the nickname Miss Hiss. It sounds like you two could have quite a chat over tea.

Oui Oui said...

Oops! We forgot to thank you for sharing your story. We really enjoyed it!

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Loved hearing your Gotcha Day story and so enjoyed seeing you baby photo. What a tiny cute you were and now a fantastic mancat!!

wildcatwoods said...

You got your way with all your hisses! Good for you.

cats of wildcat woods

meowmeowmans said...

Hi there, Miss Fitz! What a terrific gotcha tale about how you came to live in the Tomcat home. Oh, and I LOVE that favorite toy of all time picture. MOL!

Hugs,

Moosey

The Florida Furkids said...

Such a great Gotcha Story!!

Thanks for participating!!

Raz and The Florida Furkids

Cat said...

We enjoyed your story Miss Fitz and we are so glad that your dad spent so much time getting you to be a happy and social kitty :-)

The Musings Of A Crazy Cat Lady said...

I'm very happy to meet you. What a great story! Sometimes the most up-tailed things happen when you're least expecting it. Purrs, your friend Abbi Leala

Karen Jo said...

You sure knew how to become a forever foster, Ms Fitz. I hiss at my brothers a lot, too.

Oja