Wednesday, May 8, 2013

New Member: Oja


Hi everybody, I'm Oja and I just joined the club.  I may not look like much of a tabby, but if you look closely at my forehead, you can see most of a tabby M and if you look at the lower right hand side of the photo, you can see the stripes on my tail.  Gracie said that this was enough to get me admitted and I'm glad to join up.  I live with Karen Jo and four brothers.  I have been known to get along with mancats.  Spyro and I get along fine, cuddling and grooming and wrestling.  I used to cuddle with Herman and I loved grooming his long fur.  I think I will get along fine with Jose, in time.  He is just about the same age as I am and he seems like he might know how to treat a lady.  I have no use for those two rambunctious boycats, Rocio and Bambino.  Rocio teases me by popping up by my chair and scaring me into hissing at him.  Bambino wants to pounce me, I just know it.  He pounces every other cat.

I don't remember much about my life before I came to live here, but it was BAD.  I was terrified when I moved in and clung to Mom like she was a lifesaver and I was drowning.  Actually, Mom was my lifesaver because if she (or somebody) hadn't adopted me right away, I would have been put to sleep for being FeLV+.  I calmed down after three or four days and just wanted lots and lots of attention.  I love being petted in Mom's lap.  I stayed in my safe room for a month before I dared come out and really meet Herman and Spyro.  It turned out that they weren't so bad, just bigger than I am.  I was a bit hissed off when Mom started bringing more and more boycats into the house, but I am used to it now.  I only hiss and growl at them now when they annoy me.  Rocio and Bambino can annoy me by getting closer than a foot to me.  Jose doesn't annoy me at all any more.  I was sniffing him all over the day before yesterday and he just stood there and let me until I got really personal with my sniffing.  Then he turned around and whapped me lightly between the ears and I didn't hiss or growl at him at all.  That was a first for me.  I hope to be posting here fairly often, if lazy Mom will let me.  It's great to be a member and thanks for letting me join.

13 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Oja, we're delighted to see you here, welcome! You're swamped with mancats at home and have to share your blog with so many others, but here you can post to your heart's content! :-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome Oja! We're so glad to have another beautiful ladycat in our midst!
Dexter

meowmeowmans said...

Hi Oja! Welcome to the TCC! You're going to love it here. All the kittehs are so nice, and we do lots of fun stuff.

Don't worry about "how much tabby" you have -- I only have a little bit of tabby markings, too. But it doesn't matter -- a tabby is a tabby, right? :)

Hugs!

Moosey

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Welcome to the TCC Oja. So looking forward to getting to know you better. Loved reading about you. And your photo is really cute.

The Florida Furkids said...

Welcome Oja! You're a purrty ladycat and certainly well qualified for the TCC.

Raz and The Tabby Cat Club

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

It is great to have you. ~Socks

Layla Morgan Wilde ( Cat Wisdom 101) said...

Welcome Oja, you look tabby enough of for us and very lovely!

RedSetter said...

It was lovely to hear your story adn so glad you were adopted. You have definitely fallen on your paws there with your lovely mum and the mancats. This really warms my heart to hear.

Unknown said...

Welcome Oja, it looks like you know how to have fun!

Timmy Tomcat said...

We are so glad to meet you. Mom has one big heart to save you like that.

We have a nudge here too by the name of Rumpy. Ah well it seems most homes do.

Purrs and see you around!

bethany925 said...

you are so pretty, Miss Oja! I love the idea of a Grey Tabby. You must be verrah rare. Good luck wif your boyz. sounds rough, but I fink you can handle it. Hope to see more of you soon!
headbonk, Sparky

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Welcome to TCC , Oja !
Its furry nice to meet you :)

Hannah and Lucy said...

We are delighted to see you have joined the TCC.
Luv Lucy xx xx