Monday, May 20, 2013

My Gotcha Story

The first photos of Oui Oui.





Years ago, I was a tiny kitten in a scary place with cages and loud, noisy cats and dogs.  For a while my brothers and sisters were there, but they left one by one, then I was all alone.  I hollered and yelled cause I didn't like it.  A man put his finger in my cage and I tried to hold on but couldn't.  So I yelled some more, but no one came.  A girl looked in.  I was still yelling when a little later a lady looked in.  She had a person open the cage and she held me and scratched me.  I could hear her heart and it sounded good, so I purred and purred.  She was showing everyone what a nice kitty I was, but no one looked and the man was following, telling people I was a bad scratching kitty!  She told the man it was only cause I was lonely and he shouldn't have pulled his finger away.  But still no one was interested in me, so the lady got mad and said she'd "take" me.

A couple days later I went home with the girl who looked in and the lady.  I was SO HAPPY!  When they let me out of the cage, I ranned and ranned all around the room for 15 minutes cause it felt so good!  I did stop to look at some toys, but then I ranned some more while they laughed at me the whole time.  But I didn't care.  The lady wanted to call me Jubilee, and the girl insisted my name be Sweet Pea (Oui Oui is only my nickname).  The lady, who was now the mom, and The Girl laughed cause they were there at the loud scary place to help The Girl's granny find a dog, so this is also the story of how they helped find granny's dog.


Thanks to everyone who posted!
We just love reading Gotcha Stories.

Purrs,
Your Furriend Oui Oui

11 comments:

Marg said...

Oh Oui Oui, we are so glad that you found yourself such a good family. You were just the cutest little kitteh. Take care.

Marilynn said...

What a little darling ... who grew up into a little beauty!! Congrats on finding the BEST forever family!!

Grace and her servant!

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Oh Oui Oui, me and mom are so glad that you found yourself such a good home and family <3
XOOX

Timmy Tomcat said...

Oh Oui Oui that is such a nice story. Being alone in a cage is so scary you would think a big hooman would know that. I am Sooooo glad you were adopted and now are a friend.
Purrs

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

I am so sorry that you had to be in a noisy cage. I hope you weren't too scared. Love the photos of you and oh how tiney you were. So happy that you have a furever wonderful home.
Thanks for hosting this fun event!!! Just love hearing everyone's stories.

meowmeowmans said...

Hi Oui Oui! I love your gotcha tale! I'm actually glad that that man thought you were mean and scratchy, because how else would you have found your perfect forever home with the Mom, the Girl, Carlos, MMM and Julie?

Oh, and great job helping granny gotcha her doggie! :)

Hugs!

Moosey

The Florida Furkids said...

Mom is squeeeeing so loud we have to cover our ears.

Thanks for sharing your story!

Raz and The Florida Furkids

Annie Bear said...

I just want to say Happy Gotcha Day again! So do you share your Gotcah day with your girl's granny's dog?

I just lobe these kitten pictures of you. Also, I had to laugh. I read what your mom wrote on Furries of Whisppy's blog about being a lazy player. Annie is getting to be like that and Lucy was definitely like that! It's no wonder you girls can play a long time!

Cat said...

Oh Oui Oui you are adorable and we are so glad that you shouted loud enough that you were finally heard by the right people who are your forever people now!!!

The Musings Of A Crazy Cat Lady said...

Oui Oui, you're so cute and sweet. I don't understand how anybody could think you aren't a nice girl. Your story made Mama smile! Wuv, Abbi Leala

Karen Jo said...

That's a great story, Oui Oui. I am glad that the lady and girl were smart enough to see what a great kitten you were.

Spyro