Sunday, July 13, 2014

When I was not at PAWS


When I was a baby kitten I lived outside with my momcat and siblings in a tangle of bushes and vines along a busy road. I was always hungry and sometimes cold and wet. A volunteer at PAWS spotted us and set traps to rescue us. It was Spring and the shelter was full to bursting with cats and kittens. There was no room for me, even though I only weighed 2.2 pounds at 6 weeks old.

Fortunately, Maggie (PAWS volunteer) and her husband Rick (good guy) offered to foster me. Well I visited PAWS, just for check ups with the visiting vet, and for shots, and they were very nice to me. But, when I was old enough, and there was room for me at PAWS, Maggie and Rick said, "No! Mickey Mouser is our boy."


And Tommie said, "I guess we're stuck with him".
Then I was adopted and lived happily ever after. Thank you, PAWS!

Happy Gotcha Day, Oui Oui! Thank you so much using your special day to remember those who have no home. xxoo Mickey Mouser, Tommie and Maggie

14 comments:

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

What a wonderful Gotcha Day story, we loved hearing it.

Anonymous said...

Lovely story - those of us who have been adopted into a wonderful forever home know how lucky we are - and wish that for EVERY kitty!

Hugs, Sammy

Marg said...

Oh we do love that story. We are so glad that you were found Micky Mouser and that it turned into such a great new home for you. That is just terrific. Have a great day.

Cherry City Kitties said...

Best ending EVER!

Fuzzy Tales said...

That was the happiest of endings, Micky Mouser! We're so glad you were rescued and were a foster fail. :-)

Hannah and Lucy said...

I love to hear happy endings as too often life can be full of sads.
Luv Lucy xx

The Island Cats said...

That is a great Gotcha story!

The Furries of Whisppy said...

Awwwww. A foster fail! We LOVE IT (most of us are foster fails too!).

Oui Oui said...

Mickey Mouser, what a sweet story! And that first photo, it just melts our hearts! We can see why your mom and dad just couldn't let you leave. Thank you so much for your support and for posting!

Marty the Manx said...

What a wonderful Gotcha Day story! Thanks so very much for sharing!
Marty

Timmy Tomcat said...

So nice you have a forever home Mickey. It makes it double nice that we can help others with our posts
Timmy and Miss Fitz

Fozziemum said...

Mickey mouser we loves this...Dinnermintz was a foster failz and permanent adoptee MOL there waz no goin back..we can see why you iz so furry cute!! mum iz squeeein ;) paw pats Pickles and Dinnermintz xxx

meowmeowmans said...

Such an awesome gotcha story! You sure did good when you gotcha'd Maggie and Rick. :)

Hugs!

Moosey

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Your gotcha day story is sooo cute <3

XOXO