Thursday, December 27, 2012

For All Of Our "Soul Kitties" Who Have Crossed The Rainbow Bridge


This post first published on July 2, 2010 on what was then the 3rd anniversary of my Bobo's crossing the "Bridge"....
Bobo as a senior kitty
he was the love of my life


It is 3 years ago today that I lost my Bobo,  my  "Soul Kitty".  What is a "Soul Kitty?" It is  once-in-a- lifetime pet.  The ying to our yang.  A pet tied more deeply to us than many people in our lives have been, or could ever hope to be.  Our fur babies are ALL special but I believe if you think really hard there is just one who stands out from the others.

  The one whose fur would be dampened by our tears as he snuggled peacefully by our side just to offer us comfort.



I apologize for the poor photo quality
This photo is OLD!

The one who would make us laugh til our sides ached at all of his kitty crazies and craziness.
My Baby Bobo

The one who you swore that " there was no other cat out there quite like him" (isn't it funny how we ALL say that about our cats?)

Bobo a month or so
before he crossed the bridge
For my Bobo and  all of those one-of-a-kind kitties who have touched our lives,  thank you. These poems are both quite well known but they are worth viewing again and again.

The Rainbow Bridge

 "Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.


When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
Bobo over the Bridge


They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross The Rainbow Bridge together.... "


Author unknown...


A Pet's Ten Commandments



1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.


2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.


3. Place your trust in me, it's crucial for my well being.


4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, entertainment, but I only have you.


5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.


6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.


7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet I choose not to.


8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Am I getting the right food, have I been in the sun too long, or is my heart getting old or weak.


9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too will grow old.


10. On the diffucult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

Bobo's Urn which I keep
on my desk in my office






From the Wyoming County SPCA Website.

6 comments:

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Such a lovely tribute. What a wonderful kittie Bobo was and how lucky to have a furever home with you. I loved reading the Ten Commandments. How nice to have Bobo near you.

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

thank you Gracie, he is on my desk every day xoxo

Jans Funny Farm said...

Bobo sounds like a sweetie. Love the graphic Bobo over the bridge.

Fenris and Family said...

What a lovely tribute to Bobo. ~Socks

Angel MoMo and Charlotte said...

Lovely tribute to a soul kitty! I miss mine a lot.

meowmeowmans said...

Bobo sure sounds like an amazing kitty. Your love for him shines through like a beacon in your tribute. Thank you for sharing!