Thursday, March 2, 2017

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR. SEUSS FROM COOPER MURPHY

Today is not only Dr. Seuss' birthday but also Read Across America Day, so I sure hope everyone will take a few minutes out of their day to read something fun to their cat(s).

I wrote a poem to celebrate (and for Angel Sammy's Thoroughly Poetic Thursday).

The Lorax

Today is a day to celebrate reading.
It’s not something I do, but I hear it is pleasing.
It is known as Read Across American Day
And celebrates author, Dr. Seuss’, birthday.
I never met him but heard he wrote good books.
I think one was maybe something for cooks.
That book was called, Green Eggs and Ham,
And features a character named, Sam-I-Am.
He even wrote about a cat wearing a hat.
Can you imagine something as silly as that?
Today I am a dressed as a guy called a Lorax.
He seems to be a well-known environmentalist.
“I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees.”
Is a famous quote by this guy and now me.
For this reading day, the Lorax I’ll be
Instead of ginger tabby, Cooper Murphy.
If you can, go read a book and hug a tree.
You’ll feel great mentally and physically!
© Cooper Murphy Blue 03/01/2017
I even dressed for the part.

Best of all, my big brother, Mauricio, baked a cake in his Cat Scout Bake Shop for me to bring and share with you. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOWZERS! Hi Cooper! It's me Teddy and my big bro Sam.....we think you make a terrific Lorax AND love your poem to bits! You and your Mom are excellent poets........that cake looks good enough to eat (hahahaha).

Love and Hugs, Teddy

The Adventures of The Bell Fur Zoo said...

We wuv your poem and outfit!! That cake is fabulous fur Dr. Seuss Day :)

xoxo,
Matilda & Matt