Friday, March 2, 2018

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DR. SEUSS

Hi, it's me, Cooper Murphy, and Sawyer too. I hope you don't mind, but we have brought our older brother Mau. We sort of couldn't help ourselves...Mom only made this one photo with all of us in it.


In case you cannot tell, Mau us Blue Fish, I'm the Lorax and Sawyer is Horton. His Horton costume is a bit unconventional. He picked it out himself, and he's just a kitten. We tend to indulge him.

Today also is Read Across America Day, which was established by the National Education Association to encourage children to read. We hope all of you will pick up a book today and immerse yourself.

I wrote a poem last year for this day, and I thought you might enjoy it.

The Lorax

Today is a day to celebrate reading.
It’s not something I do, but I hear it is pleasing.
It is known as Read Across American Day
And celebrates author, Dr. Seuss’, birthday.
I never met him but heard he wrote good books.
I think one was maybe something for cooks.
That book was called, Green Eggs and Ham,
And features a character named, Sam-I-Am.
He even wrote about a cat wearing a hat.
Can you imagine something as silly as that?
Today I am a dressed as a guy called a Lorax.
He seems to be a well-known environmentalist.
“I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees.”
Is a famous quote by this guy and now me.
For this reading day, the Lorax I’ll be
Instead of ginger tabby, Cooper Murphy.
If you can, go read a book and hug a tree.
You’ll feel great mentally and physically!
© Cooper Murphy Blue 03/01/2017

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss


5 comments:

The Florida Furkids said...

Happy Dr. Seuss Day! You all look pawsome!

Raz

pilch92 said...

You all look great!

The Adventures of The Bell Fur Zoo said...

Ya'll look pawesome and dat poem was da best!!

xoxo,
Matilda (& Matt)

Anonymous said...

Love your costumes!!!!!

Hugs, Teddy

Katie Isabella said...

You three are just the BEST! And Sawyer, I adore you and this costume!