Saturday, June 19, 2021

International Box Day

 Hello Fellow Tabbies!    Today is a BIG day in the blogosphere - International Box Day celebrating how much kitties (most kitties that is) love a nice box to play or sleep in.

Know what?  I'm not one of those kind of kitties!     I have never hopped in a box - no matter what size or shape or nice smells might be inside.   My Mom says I must not have the "box gene".......I think the problem is I never got to appreciate boxes - as a feral I was just not exposed to the joys of a good box.   My Mom said she was so excited to introduce me to boxes when she and Dad adopted me at 11 months old from the shelter but.................nope - not interested.    The closest I've ever been to being a box fan is with Cat Scouts when we had to make a vehicle to have a Cardwood Derby competition......then Mom used a box for a "make a boat" competition with Cat Scouts.    Even then, I was forced (yes forced!) to hop in the box for a second - long enough for a quickie photo.


Sigh.   Well, I still am happy for all of you kitties who love a nice box - so I wish all of you a very happy International Box Day!


Hugs, Teddy

http://onespoiledcat.wordpress.com

5 comments:

The Florida Furkids said...

I'm not a fan of boxes either!

Noelle

pilch92 said...

Very rare, a cat without the box gene. :)

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Happy fun box day!

Ananka said...

Yah for boxes :-D

Timmy Tomcat said...

We YAY for Boxes at our house