Saturday, December 27, 2014

Purrs for Cody

Sweet Cody is needing your purrs
 

Here is Cody's link:  http://www.catchatwithcarenandcody.com/
UPDATE~Saturday Night

"Cody is coming home! He is coming home with anti-nausea meda and an appetite stimulant. They are giving him SUBQ fluids before he is picked up to be taken home. . . not out of the woods yet, vet recommends 2 more tests. Testing can be done in the regular vet's office next week."

The following was posted on FB:

CODY UPDATE: I am completely terrified. Went to our vet at 9:30. They did xrays and bloodwork. Nothing definitive in xrays (she said there was some "gray fuzziness" that was difficult to see" what concerned her was his elevated calcium count. She said if he were eating normally, she wouldn't worry, but the fact that he isn't eating is cause for concern. My regular vet is an Angel and called me (he is in Cleveland visiting family), after she gave him an update. Cody is now at an emergency vet that does ultrasounds (which is what they are doing, we came home because they have to fit him into their schedule). Please pray that is NOT CANCER. That is one thing it could be with an elevated calcium count. When my vet called me, he said he is hopeful that he just ate something and could have gotten sick...he said some cats DO walk around with elevated calcium counts. It could also be the beginning of IBS or who knows what. I have been crying all day, I am beside myself. He is so good at the vet. Cody healed my heart after I adopted him 2 wks after my 18 yr old kitty passed. Cody is only 7 yrs old (will be 8 in April)....please, please pray for him and THANK YOU for the good wishes and prayers you have already sent. I am beside myself and cannot bear the thought of losing my beloved boy.

9 comments:

Fuzzy Tales said...

Thanks for posting this, as we don't have a FB account. We've left our purrs and purrayers on Caren's blog, have our paws crossed for Cody, that all will be well.

Nicki and Derry

The Cat Guy said...

oh my, prayers and purrs that it doesn't end up being anything serious.

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

Sending love, hugs, and lots of purrs for sweet Cody.

The Florida Furkids said...

We're purring loud and hard for Cody.

Raz

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

OMC:(
Poor sweet Cody.
We will send purrs, our loudest and most fervent ones we know and pawyers too.

Anonymous said...

Hoping Cody continues to improve.....he has another vet visit to go to but let's hope and pray that he's on the road to recovering from whatever was wrong.

Hugs, Sammy

Kwee Cats and Art said...

Come on, Cody! We got the purrs going and the prayers. Hang in there. We want you well - now!

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

thank you so much for posting about my precious boy. I am just terrified. I make it a rule NOT to Google things. But I did. The high calcium count is almost always a sign of cancer. I am beside myself and am praying for a miracle. Cody will probably be having his blood re-checked tomorrow afternoon. Please pray for him.

Timmy Tomcat said...

We are still purring for Cody so get well young man.
Timmy Fitz and Family