Monday, September 9, 2013

Exciting News at Our House


Hi Everybuddy!  It's me, Moosey!

I was talking with Gracie and Raz about some very exciting things that happened on Friday here at my house, and they both thought I should share them with the Tabby Cat Club.  Some of you may have already heard them, so I apologize if you have, but we're so, so excited that we are practically bursting at the seams!

The first thing happened at 5:00 PM EST, when we found out that Animal Shelter Volunteer Life had won the "Best Cause-Related Blog" category of the 2013 Petties Awards.  We were all pretty shocked that our little bloggie, about the cats at the shelter where I came from (and where Mommy and Daddy volunteer) received such a prestigious honor.  And we were super excited that it means PAWS will get a $1,000 donation.  That will help lots of kitties (and woofies, too)!  We got a nice badge for our bloggie (see below) and we - even Mommy and Daddy and the shelter staff and other volunteers - all did the happy dance.  Thank you, everybuddy who voted for us - we couldn't have possibly won without your love and support. :)


The funny thing is, the most exciting news was still to come!  About an hour after finding out about the Petties, Mommy and Daddy went to PAWS to ... wait for it ... pick up my new sisfurs!  Even though they are not tabbies, they are beautiful and sweet and pawsome, all rolled up into one!  Their names are Gracie (how's THAT for a great name?) and Zoe, and they are house panther sisters who have been waiting for a new home for three whole years.  That's a long time, but now their wait is over, and they have come to live with us!  I'm sure that my Angel brofur Sammy guided them to us.  I have met them through the baby gates set up in the door to their room (which used to be MY room when Mommy and Daddy first adoperated me).  Zoe, Gracie and I are all cautious, but we didn't hiss or growl or anything.  I think I am going to like having sisfurs!  Here are their pictures,  Aren't they pretty?

Gracie
Zoe
So that all made for a pretty exciting start to the weekend, wouldn't you say?  I hope you all had a good weekend, too!

Hugs and headbonks,

Moosey

13 comments:

Jenn said...

Your new sisters are beautiful, Moosey!

And congrats on winning such a prestigious award! $1000 will definitely help the kitties and pups at the shelter.

Photo Cache said...

beautiful black cats.

our mama wants to join my tabby brofur in this fellowship of tabbies. she has read the rules and will send you something by email as soon as she has time to do it :)

emma and buster

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

OMC! I am so excited for you all!!! Thanks for sharing at the club! So glad that your shelter got a big donation, that $$$$ will go to helping many furries there. And getting sisters! Not one but two. So happy you are getting along and will have sisters not hissters!! I like the names of your sisters especially the Gracie one, lol. Love to all at your place. Be sure to keep us posted with what is going on. You are as a member allowed to post all about your family here at the club. You don't have to be a tabby to be in the photos of your posts. They are your family and we like hearing about things.

The Florida Furkids said...

ConCatuations! Winning the Pettie award AND getting all of those green papers for the shelter is pawsome news. Getting two new sisfurs is even more pawsome!! We know Gracie and Zoe are going to be super additions to your family!!

Raz and The Florida Furkids

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

CONGRATUATIONS on your Petties Award! That's FANTASTIC news! You should be super-duper pleased. I know you are. YAY!

And... CONGRATULATIONS ON GETTIN' YOUR NEW SISTERS!!! Yoo-hoo! YOO-HOO!!!

Gracie and Zoe are BEAUTIFUL! Oh, I just LOVE stories with happy endings.

Purrs,
Nissy

Unknown said...

Great mews all round. Hope all goes well with the new sisfurs.

Hannah and Lucy said...

We were delighted when we heard you'd won a Petties Award and were so excited for you. Concatulations to you.
Take care.
Luv Lucy xx

Unknown said...

Hey Moosey.
Again, I am so happy that you have new sisters and I hope you all learn to get along well. I'm also THRILLED Animal Shelter Volunteer Life won a Pettie...I voted for it every day!
*Cairn cuddles*
Oz

Oui Oui said...

Moosey, we are SO excited for you! Concats on your award and prize, and super concats on your sisters! We think they may be related to Carl! Oh . . . and maybe Julie (they might not want to claim THAT).

BTW, we saw your sweet face peeking in at your sisters! Too cute!

Cherry City Kitties said...

Moosey, we are all so happy for you all. I purrsonally think that I will like having some honorary sisfurs... sometimes all this brotherly love stuff is a little much for a girl *tee hee*
Welcome Gracie and Zoe and concats to you all on the Petties
Willow

AnnStaub said...

I think your award AND your sisters are so exciting! Can't wait to learn more about them Moosey.

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

YAY for all the exciting newa in your house , Moosey !
XOXO

Timmy Tomcat said...

Moosey we have been very lax in checking new news.
This is WONDERFUR!
Congrats on a great award. I know I was pushing that vote button every day and am so happy about this.
Zoe and Gracie are very good looking ladies
Meow
Timmy