Thursday, October 2, 2014

Eddy The Cat

Hi TCC Friends!  

I want to tell you a little story about my predecessor here at my house - his name was Eddy and he was a gray tabby stray my Mom and Dad adopted.   This was YEARs ago of course - my Mom and Dad were building a new house and brought Eddy out here to the country and he lived "the life" for six years before he went to the Bridge.   Mom and Dad waited almost a year then finally went to the shelter and found ME - I was only a few weeks old and had been found under an old abandoned house.  Lucky me to be adopted though - and off and on all these 14 years I've been with my folks, they've talked about Eddy so he's kind of a hero to me.  This is Eddy hanging out by the pool.


A few years ago my Mom decided to write a mystery novel - yep - she just one day decided since she loved READING mysteries, why not WRITE one too!    She wrote and wrote and when she finished it she found an agent and eventually a publisher and the book was published.  It was going to be the first in a whole series with the same characters but my Mom got sick and her writing pretty much stopped.   ANYWAY, in the book the main character who is a young female private investigator, her best buddy, pal and helper is a cat named Eddy.  That's right - Mom wrote Eddy into the book and when she describes him, she's talking about "her" Eddy........it was her way of honoring him. 

I told you all of this as "backup" to what I REALLY want to tell you which is that my Mom's book is available on Amazon and has been for a couple of years but it's now available in Kindle version AND Mom is having a BIG FAT SALE and offering the book for the whopping amount of NINETY-NINE CENTS for a Kindle download!   If your peeps like mysteries and you like hearing a bedtime story like some of you do, make sure your Mom or Dad orders it while the sale is on.  It runs from October 3 to October 8.    If you click  HERE  it will take you right to Amazon!   Just for your info, the book cover is a painting my Mom did in oils - it's on her studio wall...............just a reminder of Eddy, and her first mystery novel.................


If your peeps read the book - ask them to do a review on Amazon for Mom!   She'd like that and you know how much we like keeping our Moms happy!!   Thanks TCC friends...........


Hugs, Sammy
http://onespoiledcat.wordpress.com

12 comments:

The Florida Furkids said...

We hope your Mom sells eleventy billion books!!!

The Florida Furkids

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

I loved hearing about Eddy and I am so glad he found and knew your folks. I will go to Amazon tomorrow and get a copy of your book. Thanks for letting me know.

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys for visiting the post......!!!

Hugs, Sammy

Marty the Manx said...

I am glad that I stopped and saw Eddy's story Sammy :) You know that we have had your Mom's book and that Mom loved it! Mom hopes that some day your Mom will write another :)
Luv ya!
Marty

meowmeowmans said...

That's so wonderful how Eddy found your parents, Sammy. Thank you for sharing. :)

We went and got your mom's book!

Anonymous said...

Hope all of you who have it loved it.....my Mom had tons of fun writing it!

Hugs, Sammy

Basil and The B Team ~ BionicBasil ® said...

Awwww we loved this post and we have asked the P.A. to get the book too!!!

Purrs Basil & Co xox

Anonymous said...

I hope you like the book Basil.....the paperback will be on sale soon - Amazon hasn't updated the price yet but Mom's reduced it for the holidays too!

Hugs, Sammy

Timmy Tomcat said...

Oh Sammy it is so great to have the background for her book. Dad actually has started it and really likes it so far. He reads to us and we rotate through a few books at a time. Wow you Mom is talented and hope she will write some more.
Timmy
Miss Fitz
Dad too

Anonymous said...

Hi Timmy.....how very cool your Dad is reading the book to you! I'm glad you like it so far.

Hugs, Sammy

Sweet William The Scot said...

Well I want to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel. Can you make that happen?
Thanks for being a friend
Sweet William The Scot

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweet William The Scot! I got my Mom to pop you in a barrel to go over the Falls....I'll try to find your email and send the photo to you!!!!

Hugs my friend...
Sammy