Sunday, September 2, 2012

My Labor Day weekend




We did something fun this weekend... We (well, the Momma and the Daddy - I don't like to go in the car thingy because you know where they always go... to the v-e-t) went rock shopping !  Now I know there are rocks outside the house.. but we love them.  the Momma and the Daddy like to go on vacation and they always bring rocks home from the beaches.  Up in this part of Michigan we have a really cool kind of stone called a Pee-toskey Stone!  People come from all over to find them, they are pretty nifty.  Me,  I like the colored ones the best, and especiall the sparkly ones.  This is my Amethyst.  As soon as the Momma unwrapped it, it was MINE!  I slimed it to make sure. 





 It makes me feel calm and peaceful, even when my brothers want to bug me.  And speaking of bugs, some people say that amethyst helps to keep us free of fleas !  What a deal !  Now, we've never had fleas, and we've always had amethysts in the house.... I'm just sayin'.  MOL!

Anyway, both the Momma and the Daddy got some cool new stones and I will have to check them out later.  For now I'm gonna hang out with this beauty and stretch an easy Sunday into Monday...


 
Oh, and the closest I got to labor this weekend was staying out out of the way of the Momma and the Daddy drying their wall ?  I think they said... it did not look fun. 

9 comments:

Finn said...

That is a very pretty stone. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

The Florida Furkids said...

It's cool that you can find those pawsome stones where you live. Enjoy your Labor(less) day!

The Florida Furkids

Gemini and Ichiro said...

What a lovely stone. That looks excellent!

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

That is neat! The folks here are collecting rocks on their property and moving them, little ones, by the pool in the garden area. We have the same interest. That is one fine looking rock for sure.

www.shelter-cats.com said...

What a colorful picture- orange furs, green eyes, and purple rock. Nice.

Tommie @ shelter-cats

www.shelter-cats.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Texas, a Cat in... Austin said...

The color of the Amethyst suits the color of your fur pretty well!
Purrs

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

That rock is lovely! Happy Labor Day!

rainbow said...

Oh, Dex, that sure is one pawsome amethyst - I love the way you are cuddling it!
Purrs ... Rainbow