Sunday, September 2, 2012

Watz Up Labor Day Weekend?

For the tabbies in the US its a long holiday weekend celebrating the end of summer and working stiffs like the mom! Since I only do what I want, I'm not sure if I qualify, but I'm ready to do my part.

The mom went to her sister's little farm for a cook out.  She came back with a hurted foot (stumbled over an exposed tree root) and some sad news.  Her sister had a tabby, Gumdrop, for many years and he crossed the Bridge earlier this summer.  I was bequeathed his warm kitty blankie.  Inside is a crinkly sounding metallic space blankie so its soft, warm and sounds too cool!



Farewell sweet Gummy, sweet dreams!
I'm celebrating you in a way you would appreciate!

6 comments:

Alasandra, The Cats and Dogs said...

We are so sorry that Gumdrop had to go to the bridge but thank it is very nice that he left you his blanket to remember him by.

Unknown said...

Have a great Sunday and good wishes for Labour day and sweet thought for gummy.
Best wishes Molly

Angel Gracie=^o.o^= said...

You have the labor of the snoozes. Hope you catch all the zzzs that you need today.

The Florida Furkids said...

We're sorry your pal Gummy had to go to the Bridge. We see you're really Laboring over that blankie!

The Florida Furkids

Cat and DOG Chat With Caren said...

ohhh we are so sorry about Gumdrop but how lucky you are to have that blanket. You look adorable!

Cherry City Kitties said...

We're sorry to hear about Gumdrop, but having that blanket to hold and snuggle with is a fitting tribute.
Harry, Dexter and Tipp